Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad


6.20pm, 27 September 2004.


"I'm so sorry M'am"

Those were THE last word i heard the doctor said to Mom.

and life seemed blur...


************

I thod i'd be writing something good and poetic about you Dad. But i just could not get my hands to dance on the keyboard. My mind cant seem to process whatever is in my thoughts. The ideas are running dry...the words wont come out perfectly as i wanted them to be..

Dad, i missed those days when we would go to the fishing pond and eat as much ice cream as we want. It never occur to me, to everyone else that you'd be gone so much sooner that you were suppose to. That, one nite i remember very well, how i slept in front of the TV with you on the couch, not being able to sleep. That cancer was disturbing your sleep..

That, one nite, i remember very well, you did not even recognize yourself. You were too weak losing over 2 pints of blood. I waited no more to book a flight home. Flights were so routine to me it was no longer a pleasure, instead a torture waiting to land and be there for you.

You were a survivor dad. Despite knowing you have less than a year to live, you made full use of it to be with all the people around you. But you know something Dad, it hurts just to think of you. It hurts just to miss you. It hurts just to talk about you. How i missed you so much Dad. So much...Did you know how much it hurts to see you cry in pain? To see you not being able to eat? To see you not being able to hold anything anymore? Did you know that, Dad? It was so unbearable..

Dad, i want you to know, not just for today,that you are someone deeply special in my life, irreplaceable regardless who. No one else, only you.

I love you Dad. Happy Father's Day.

8 comments:

Rozella said...

Babe, I'm so sorry to read about your dad. :( *hugs* I know there is nothing that I can say which would help make things better, but... I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure he would be so touched by this post.

Yuzray Eusoph said...

My deepest condolence... :(

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

Rozella & Yuzray : Tq both

Anonymous said...

Al-Fatihah 2 yur Dad. It reminds us that one day we will also be there. I x imagine wht u have gone through tentu susah sekali study N love one sakit terlantar di hospital, journey back n forth - sacrifice 4 daddy, wahduh polisi depan, bye.

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

mysteryangel : Where was it that u went online? suddenly polisi di depan?

Anonymous said...

come on, technology lah. go to Tm shop and ask about it. can go online at town range. my friend drive, i'm online. there was a road block at salim, sibu. Funny kan? cam sik pecaya jak ttp benar!

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

so the two of you are the drivers? it's ok even if u are the dereba, at least ada keja rather than not working at all, rite..like me, im just temporarily employed.

salim? byk2 tpt, salim..sibu ya nang dah padat, maok polah road block gik..

Anonymous said...

Main road to salim.U tauk lah, bila sidak lihat treler, nak kantau! My cargo mostly Govt. property so x much problem but kena tunjuk permit ni n tu baru la lepas. sometime my drivers komplain - Boss, mintak rebet, bayar kantau P. traffic. Senang kah jadi cikgu?? U cikgu kan? Ada pelajar buli ckg genit tuk kah or tervisit blog U?. Then baru u tauk. satu sch. heboh. Ajar yur students well esp. our people cos jauh left out. some I met sombong bodoh tak sedar diri sempat marah ngan I. Lori dereba jak, pande2 ngajar urang. What happen 2 our schooling system??? Tlg madah ngan kamek ckg.?? mun dapatlah Ha..Ha..