Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mom's Day..Suggestions?


Mom's day will be next Sunday 11th May 2008. Just to share, Mother's Day is celebrated every second week of May each year. I've had my friends to brainstorm with me on what to get for moms. These are what they've given me
  • Perfumes
  • One day of Spa Indulgence
  • Cards
  • Cakes
  • Jeweleries
Basically that's all. However i am looking for something else different...i was thinking of Water Heater for shower..would that be an appropriate gift? An elder colleague of mine said, get something that is practical, which she can use and not just see or keep in a box. For her 54th birthday this year, i got her one whole set of a Body Shop Shower. I cant be buying Body Shop yet againnnn...

Perfumes are simply out for now. I got her one Guess Gold and recently Burberry and Jadore CD. Bracelets, Necklaces are also out, cause she herself is already giving me some of her jeweleries, plus it doesn't seem practical.

I have another idea in mind. I was thinking of making some sort of an album, only it will be using Decorative papers. Get all the photos and stick them there with simple love words. All the years put into one book, which i will name it 'Star of our Hearts' -- Love: Boy, Bj and Pearl. Maybe bits of short notes just to indicate the time and how much we appreciate her...

Ok tak? or lame?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

A personal portrait would be nice. A lot of talented artist out there in your place. Make sure to bring along her best photo =)

or you can just bring the whole album and ask the artist to do a family portrait with everybody in it. "Thank you Mom for bringing us together"

Yuzray Eusoph said...

Be successful. Be obedient. Be soft. Be a good daughter. That's the best gift to a mother from her child, not only for one day but life-long... :)

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

Kambengjantan: Thank you so much for the idea. I didnt get to that, seriously..brilliant idea indeed, but my only prob would be finding the artist to do the job..my hometown is seriously small. I'll hunt them tomorrow,hopefully ada..

Yuzray: Im on the gateway to be successful, insyaAllah. At times we argue but nothing big. I can be rough occasionally. I may not be good to myself but i know i love my mom down to bits. Thanks Yuz..

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

Kambengjantan: btw, got any blog of yours i can read? You got my attention.

Haizum said...

Make her a feast. :) But then again, that would only work if you were home for Mother's Day. A surprise feast would be even better. Maybe use someone as a decoy to get her out of the house for a few hours.

Rozella said...

Hmm..I also was having probs with deciding on what to get. But yeah, I would take ur coworker's advice. Go with something that she would def use alot, but something that she likes tho. I'm settling with shoes! Hehehe

Anonymous said...

berikan menantu kpd mak...suami kpd cik farida...muahahaha

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

Haizum: i was thinking of something much more private, like just me, my bro and her. Perhaps i could do some home cook meal kan..thanks for the idea!!

Rozella: She loves sandals and shoes, but hard to get lah at my place. it's like there's only one famous shop and everyone flocks to buy their sandals there. She might end up bumping into 10 other ladies wearing the same pattern..hehe

Anonymous: cis...itu bukan present. itu namanya kejutan nak bagi mak pengsan..

Anonymous said...

Kambeng dun blog. In the future there might be just anyone who could try to be me but i advise u to read between the lines. Kambeng has a certain way to convey his thoughts and ideas. You'll know i'm the real kambeng straight away dear =)

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

Kambengjantan: i feel as tho i can guess who you are now..but still at a blurry vision...Okayyyyy, now you are making me curious!

Anonymous said...

Nope, i'm not that guy. I can tell straight away you were thinking about the wrong person here. Nice try though but not even close. hehe =)

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

Kambengjantan : it is so close now, i know..